OLED seems to be the watchword here as ASUS has announced its new Vivobook lineup for 2022 complete with these vibrant displays.
The Pro series covers content creators while the S series are more lifestyle-centric. And for those who want a little flair, there’s the Artist Editions featuring Philip Colbert and Steven Harrington.
Here’s a quick rundown of the various series of laptops that’s been confirmed.
ASUS Vivobook Pro series
ASUS’ Vivobook Pro laptops are kind of like a Macbook Pro in a What If universe that’s on steroids. It’s designed with content creation in mind, so it’s built with high-performance hardware and software enhancements like the ASUS DialPad virtual rotary control and the ProArt Creator Hub app.
New models for 2022 include:
- 16-inch Vivobook Pro 16X OLED (N7601/M7601)
- 15.6-inch Vivobook Pro 15X OLED (K6501/M6501)
- 14.5-inch Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (N7401)
- 16-inch Vivobook Pro 16 OLED (K6602)
- 15.6-inch Vivobook Pro 15 OLED (K6502/K6500/M6500)
Key processor features:
- up to 12th Gen Intel Core i9 12900H or AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX
- up to 32 GB of DDR5 RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
- 2 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
- Up to 140W TDP (CPU+GPU) with ASUS IceCool Pro thermal technology
- world’s first 16-inch 3.2K 120 Hz OLED display / 15.6-inch 2.8K 120 Hz OLED display / 4K 60 Hz OLED NanoEdge 600-nit display
- refresh rates up to 120 Hz and 0.2 ms response times
- PANTONE Validated
- up to VESA DisplayHDR True Black 600 certified
- 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut
- TÜV Rheinland certified for low blue-light emissions
- Harman Kardon-certified Dolby Atmos audio
- FHD webcam with ASUS 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 4 or USB4 port
- HDMI 2.1
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 and USB 2.0
- SD Express 7.0 microSD card reader
- 2.5 GbE LAN
- WiFi 6E
ASUS Vivobook S series
They’re marked by their slim profile and reduced weight, measuring just 17.9 mm thin and can weigh as little as 1.6 kg. The S series also features lay-flat 180° hinges for convenience and versatility. Despite their slim nature, they can manage up to 45W TDP for CPU performance.
The S 14X and S 16X models feature an all-metal construction while the S 14 and S15 models feature metal lids. No 1080p webcam here but it has the ASUS 3DNR tech and a physical webcam shield. Speakers are Harman Kardon-certified as well.
New models include:
- 14.5-inch Vivobook S 14X OLED (S5402/M5402)
- 16-inch Vivobook S 16X OLED (S5602/M5602)
- 14-inch Vivobook S 14 OLED (K3402/M3402)
- 15.6-inch Vivobook S 15 OLED (K3502/M3502)
Key processor features:
- up to 12th Gen Intel Core i7 12700H (with Intel Evo certification on selected models) or AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX CPUs
- Intel Iris Xe or AMD Radeon graphics
- upgradable 16 GB DDR4 RAM
- 1 TB PCIe SSD
- up to a groundbreaking 45-watt thermal design power (TDP) with ASUS IceCool thermal tech
- OLED NanoEdge displays with resolutions of up to 4K and response times as low as 0.2 ms
- world’s first 14.5-inch and 15.6-inch 2.8K 120 Hz OLED panels with 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, VESA DisplayHDR True Black 600 certified and PANTONE Validated
- TÜV Rheinland low blue-light certification
Vivobook 13 Slate OLED Artist Editions
The Vivobook 13 Slate OLED Philip Colbert Edition and Vivobook 13 Slate OLED Steven Harrington Edition are based on the world’s first 13.3-inch Windows detachable OLED laptop (with a touchscreen), which also features a smart cover stand with 170° hinge, quad-core Intel processor, and the ASUS Pen 2.0.
The Philip Colbert Edition
Designed in collaboration with world-renowned artists Philip Colbert and Steven Harrington , you will get artist-collaborated themed hardware, exclusive accessories and packaging. This includes a cover stand, smart cover, sleeve, stylus holder and more. An optional artist-designed ASUS Marshmallow mouse is available for both editions.
The Steven Harrington Edition
Other universal features include a full-size ASUS ErgoSense keyboard with long 1.4 mm key travel and a 0.2 mm keycap dish for comfort. The ASUS ErgoSense touchpad is also larger and more responsive. The laptops also come with ASUS Antibacterial Guard to inhibit the growth of bacteria by more than 99% over a 24-hour period.
Details about local availability, configurations, and pricing will be revealed at a later date.